Tessie Vwb
map-marker Mount Laurel, New Jersey

BookVip.com should be shut down

My name is Lisa Christy and I originally contacted this worthless company back in February 9,2016 to make special plans for my family for the upcoming summer. I was not told I needed to have a major credit card and I gave my debit card information to a customer service agent who took a $79.00 deposit.

I was told I could call back and finish my payment and book the time my family would go to SpringMaid Myrtle Beach South Carolina. I contacted the company July28,2016 to finalize my payment and to set the dates for my vacation. I was told at that time I needed to provide a major credit card, which I do not possess. I was told my reservations would be cancelled and I would receive a refund into my account in 3-5 business days.

I called the company back on August 4,2016 and was told a number of lies. I was told my reservation was still in effect and when I told Cecelia I did not have a major credit card and I was due a refund. I was told my charges were declined. I asked to speak to a manager several times and was given the run around.

She finally provided me with her e-mail and I was told to send her my bank statement. cecilia@***.com was the e-mail provided to me. I informed her I just wanted my refund and I think the company is a rip off.

I have contacted the Better Business Bureau I do not think companies should treat anybody the way I was treated. I sure hope the owner has very good insurance with the business practices that I have seen he is sure going to need it.

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns.

It is disappointing that you were not eligible for the promotion offered by your preferred resort. However, it is the participating resort provider who sets forth the eligibility requirements for the promotional packages since they are paying the 70% discount on behalf of qualified guests.

BookVIP is a booking company and it is our job to ensure that guests are qualified for the limited number of promotional packages being offered by the resort providers. The eligibility requirements for each promotional package can be viewed on BookVIP’s website at the bottom of each resort offering page by clicking on the Terms and Conditions.

Apparently you made two different open-dated reservations on-line and secured one with a $149 deposit and the other with a $79 deposit.

The reservation being held with a $149 deposit was cancelled for non-payment due to credit card decline.

As stated in your review, you called to cancel your reservation being held with a $79 deposit on August 4. Your refund in the amount of $79 was issued later that same day.

We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, send over 100,000 people on vacation per year and have more customer video reviews than any other travel site: http://bookvip.com/sitereviews.

Management@bookvip.com
Pros:
  • Vacation spots
Cons:
  • Deceptiveness of the company and customer service agents
Order processing issue

Full refund

map-marker Los Angeles, California

Bookvip Customer Care Review from Los Angeles, California

Really rip off do not waist your time

I book one of the deals they have on line and after I submit my cc they asked me to call right away to confirm When I called a guy with broken English answer the phone and asked me tons of questions holding me for more than 40 min and start changing all the prices. The $399 the say went up to $1100 and when I agreed he said sorry I do not have this deal available

Since it says available online why you took all my info and let me put my cc and then you say no I think it's a company just collecting ppl info.

Dear Amgad,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Our amazingly affordable promotional packages are subsidized up to 77% of the retail rate by the participating resort provider.

To ensure that these rooms are available to the customers for whom they were intended, the participating resort provider sets forth certain eligibility requirements that must be met in order for BookVIP (as the booking company) to be able to offer the package to potential guests.

The Terms and Conditions governing these promotional packages are located on each and every resort offering page on BookVIP’s website. To further ensure that a potential customer is eligible and qualified to participate in the special promotion, the Terms and Conditions are reviewed with the customer during the sales call and the customer must agree to the Terms and Conditions via electronic signature before any reservation is final and the travel dates sent to the resort.

Problems with payment
Rino Bko
map-marker Mexico, Capital District

Bookvip - Vacation Package Review from Mexico, Capital District

Very disappointed in my experience that I want to leave early and go home. Online it appeared to be a top notch place but this is not the case for the resort that you have sent us. I am very disappointed and have more in depth reasoning.

Dear Tecia,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Although we are sorry for your disappointment and that you cut your vacation short, your review seems more of a review of the resort than directly against BookVIP.

BookVIP has thousands of happy travelers every week, and has more video testimonials from happy customers than any other travel website in the world. Please refer to http://bookvipreviews.com/.

Bad quality
Guest

Why did you not like it

map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Bookvip - Shuttle Service Review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

It was the worst time ever they was soppose to have a Cab waiting at the airport and no cab and they ever suppose To emailed us a voucher for the cab and confirmations and but because they had the wrong email address we had to pay 600$ more for my trip

Dear Larry,

We appreciate your feedback.

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience and stress resulting from the transportation issues you encountered during your vacation and for the lack of communication provided to you by our customer service representatives.

The Resort is responsible for arranging for the guest’s transportation from the airport and communicating with the guest. As the booking company, BookVIP has no control over that aspect of the vacation package but will certainly address the issue with the participating resort provider.

We have an A+ rating with Better Business Bureau, send over 100,000 people on vacation per year and have more customer video reviews than any other travel site. http://bookvip.com/sitereviews

map-marker Sellersville, Pennsylvania

Bookvip - Vacation Package Review from Sellersville, Pennsylvania

I book my family vacation with book vip i went to cancun week ago that was amazing we have a good time fun the people @ the hotel was so amazing thank book vip .I'll continue to do business with you and recommend people to you that the way people do business

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We always appreciate hearing from satisfied customers such as yourself and we look forward to helping you plan your next vacation.

Please call 888.845.0602 if you would like to add your own video testimonial to the thousands of other happy travelers we have served.

Good quality
map-marker Mexico, Capital District

Bookvip Room Booking Review from Mexico, Capital District

This is a horrible company and I'm extremely disappointed!!! I arrived in cancun yesterday July 20th to what was suppose to an amazing ocean view room, which we were promised by Alejandro who booked our room, but some how got a room facing the Lagoon.

When I called to ask about this, which by the way there is no toll free number outside of the states, I was told all they could was review the recorded called and but a rush on it to verify I was given that information and that I would receive a call from a supervisor not later than 5pm.

It is now midnight no call or anything so I once again pay to make another phone call in which I am told that their is not supervisor on shift and it will take 3 days to review calls, umm hello my trip is only 5 days how the *** is that suppose to help me out???? Horrible customer service and horrible experience...

Dear Mayra,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience and stress resulting from the manner of communication provided by our Customer Service agent. All of our calls are recorded so I appreciate your comments as we were able use the call as a valuable learning exercise. As the fastest growing travel company in the world, we sometimes fall short of our goal, however we are constantly looking to improve.

All rooms (including whether or not Oceanview) are clearly described on the resort offering page on our website.

Above all else, providing excellent customer service is our main goal and all of our customer service agents are highly-trained and qualified.

Not as described/ advertised
Carlas Qyu

Scam!!

BookVIP - Scam!!
BookVIP - Scam!! - Image 2
BookVIP - Scam!! - Image 3
BookVIP - Scam!! - Image 4

We booked a package through BookVIP being told we were not staying at the intended resort that was being offered thru the time share. However - I distinctly asked if it was comparable to the Smoky Mountain Resort and was told yes!!

As you will see by my pictures it was anything but. WE were put up in a disgusting hotel that was on top of a race track and garbage surrounding. When attempting to get any type of compensation or change - customer service was unwilling to help. I did follow my part of the bargain and took the tour (to prevent additional charges).

After the tour I have received 2 phone calls reminding me to take the tour? I have also emailed Book VIP with my issues and have YET to hear back or be compensated by any means. At this time an apology is worthless. I hope I can prevent this from happening to someone else.

The beginning of my (intended relaxing) vacation was horrible. Pics below consist of your view and the tiny 13" TV stuck to the wall. Our initial room was 2 double beds (after being told I would have a Jacuzzi king suite). My only salvation was the Guest Service Agent felt terrible for us and worked her magic to get us into a king size bed.

NO THANKS to VIP!! I truly hope this nightmare does not happen to you...be smart and go with the GUT feeling of "tooooo good to be true" :(

Thank you for sharing your experience.

You can save up to save 70% off the retail rate on the promotional packages because the resort's are subsidizing the cost of the vacation in exchange for meeting the eligibility requirements and attending the promotional resort preview. The resort's eligibility requirement's are listed in the "Terms & Conditions" located at the bottom of each special offer page which each customer agrees to electronically before purchasing a vacation package. The sponsoring resort was unable to process the promotional package as it was determined that you did not meet all the eligibility requirements that you had agreed on.

Again, all of our special promotional packages are sponsored by the participating resort partner and they determine the eligibility requirements NOT BookVIP .

We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and send over 100,000 people on vacation per year and have more customer video reviews than any other travel site.

Management@bookvip.com
Cons:
  • Scam
  • Poor customer service
Not as described/ advertised
Shirly Hju
map-marker West Frankfort, Illinois

Cancellation

I recently booked my vacation through you. My check in date is for the 21st.

That is tomorrow. I received a phone call on Monday evening that said the hotel overbooked and that my reservation has been "kicked back". At this time I cannot get correct information and am told that the only refund I am entitled to is trip credit. The fact that you have ruined my vacation and I am am being lied to is unacceptable.

Trip credit is NOT good enough. I called thee hotel directly and they said my reservation is still available. At this point I do not know who to trust and I just want my money back so I can take my daughter somewhere before my vacation is over.

I would also like to know your policy on lying which I have asked Sabrina many times. Thank you for your prompt attention not this matter.

Kathee

Dear Kathee,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

First and foremost, please be reminded that not only did the resort grant an exception for you, and your reservation was intact for your travel date, but you also received a full refund prior to our receipt of this review.

We apologize for any miscommunication and for the stress caused by the resort partner’s initial inability to accommodate you.

All of our special promotional packages are sponsored by the participating resort partner. Because of the high demand for these amazingly affordable vacation packages, every once in awhile, the participating resort discovers that reservations have exceeded the allotment.

Although this happens rarely, it puts BookVIP (as the booking company) in the difficult position of being the bearer of bad news.

Management@bookvip.com
Cons:
  • Lied to
Order processing issue

Full refund

Kaelah Dmf
map-marker Columbus, Ohio

A LOT OF BROKEN PROMISES!

First off the Resort my wife and I stayed in was amazing , no thanks to bookvip. First off after reservation for trip was scheduled I had to re-confirm with my card info three times.

After doing this I continued to check my back account where I notice there were someone had stolen my card number and racked up 1000.00 in charges. Secondly there was no one at airport to pick us up and the king bed was two twins, not good for anniversary.

have left multiple messages with no answers. Resort manager even stated they hate to deal with Bookvip because they are tired of cleaning up their messes.

Dear Phillip,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Customer satisfaction is the mainstay of BookVIP’s business and all customer information is encrypted and never saved after processing.

As the booking company, BookVIP’s website advertises the rooms as advised by the participating resort partner and the rooms are assigned by the resort based upon availability. We will take up the discrepancy regarding your airport pick-up with the resort partner and do regret that they were not there to meet you.

Management@bookvip.com
Pros:
  • Resort
Problems with payment

Let the company propose a solution

Juanell Knd
map-marker Grove, Oklahoma

Bad company

This company has consistently used fraudulent business practices and has my deposit of over 490 dollars they will not refund. I am contacting the us district attorney today.

I have tried to resolve this with numerous phone calls and have hired a lawyer to sue them. They say you must be under 59 and have a major credit card to qualify for this "deal". I have contacted the supervisor for cancellation. She simply told me "no refund", but offered to keep the deal open for 2 years.

They also at first told me that I and my companion must be married with the license showing the same address.

This is so flaky, but they didn't tell be this until they had my money. I am so mad for being taken in by these scam artists

Dear Russell,

We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.

Our special promotional packages are sponsored by the participating resort provider who is paying the 77% discount for these promotions. It is the resort provider who set forth certain eligibility requirements for these vacation packages – not BookVIP.

BookVIP is responsible for making sure all guests we book are qualified for the particular vacation package they are interested in visiting.

All qualifications and restrictions are reviewed with the potential guest during the sales call and must be accepted by the guest via electronic signature before the reservation is finalized and dates sent to the resort.

The Terms and Conditions are also located at the bottom of every hotel/resort offering page on our website.

Your vacation package is final and non-refundable as a result of your decision to decline acceptance of the Trip Guard Insurance which was offered during the sales call. All is not lost, however, because you have until July 10, 2017, to use your credit towards any one or more BookVIP vacation packages for which you are qualified.

BookVIP has thousands of happy travelers every week, and has more video testimonials from happy customers than any other travel website in the world!

Reason of review:
pure fraud from the word go
$2000
map-marker Texas City, Texas

Bookvip Customer Care Review

Book vip has very poor customer service

They lie alot!!

Poor experience I had reservations but when it was time for me to take my trip I got sick could not get on the plane to go to Orlando I called yo let them know I needed to cancel because i was sick she told me they would charge me $100 to reschedle

But i already paid money up front

Never got a chance to use my reservation but she tells me I need to cancel7 days in advance.I was not sick 7 days before so much i didnt need to cancel then it was the day of my reservation I took sick

Sickness has no certain time or day

It can come anytime when you dont expect it but they told me they would call me back and I still have not received a call or a refund of my money they owe me

Very poor excuse!!!

Dont get sick is what they are telling me!!!

Dont book with them!!!

They dont care about you!!!

Very poor excuse for a service for customers

I wont do it again

Deborah Lewis Humble Texas

Dear Deborah,

All Terms and Conditions governing these promotional packages are located at the bottom of each resort offering page on BookVIP’s website. All of the Terms and Conditions of the special promotional packages are set by the resort NOT by BookVIP as the resorts are subsidizing the cost of room in exchange for meeting their eligibility requirements.

The rescheduling policy is clearly stated as follows:

You are welcome to reschedule or make changes to your reservation without a penalty if change request is received at least 7 days prior to your scheduled arrival. Any changes made within 7 days of your scheduled arrival may incur a $100 dollar fee. You have 12 months to use your vacation package. All change requests are based solely on hotel room availability.

In addition, please be reminded that BookVIP waived the $100 rescheduling fee the first time you rescheduled your trip due to “weather” conditions – which means BookVIP paid the fee on your behalf.

As you are aware, you have a credit with BookVIP and your vacation package is open-dated. You have until April 20, 2017 to use your credit towards any BookVIP vacation package for which you are qualified.

Avett Uds

Cancun

We booked a 4 night stay at silver sand secrets resort. The advertised rate is not what you pay.

After booking you are taxed with a couple hundred in fees but still a pretty reasonable deal. I had a couple follow up phone calls to confirm my travel plans. One question was about the ride from the airport and it was confirmed that someone would have a sign with my name outside. When we arrived there were tons of people with signs and I never found my name so we just took a taxi that was an additional $70.

The resort was very nice good food and drink and the all inclusive was a great deal. The time share part was pretty close to the 90 min maybe 120 and was a lot of sales pressure but I just had to stay strong and say no. On the day we left they scheduled a ride to the airport and verbally told me to be in the lobby 2 hours before my flight. When were went to the lobby they said our ride had left and we should have been down earlier.

They said there was nothing they could do about it and we had to pay another $70 to get to the airport. After I returned home I found an email in my junk folder with the ride vouchers that the hotel asked my about. I had no idea these came and I with the confirmation calls would have asked my if we had them. They kept telling me I didn't need anything.

Overall the trip was great.

Don't think I will book through VIP again. I found other deals that I felt we just as good and i will try them next time.

Dear Allen,

We appreciate your feedback.

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience and stress resulting from the transportation issues you encountered during your vacation and for the lack of communication provided to you.

Management@bookvip.com
Pros:
  • Pretty easy to use
  • Resort was very nice
Cons:
  • Phone communication was poor due to english barrier
Taxi Service/communication

Let the company propose a solution

Jaxyn Hmj

Not happy!

I booked a package at Gatlinberg, TN. When I went to confirm date of travel I was told the two people staying had to either be married or have the same mailing address. This was nowhere to be found when I booked it.  I guess what seems too good to be true really is.  We were traveling to visit relatives to this area and were looking forward to seeing this area.  We are over 60 years of age and do not see why or what business it is of theirs' whether we are married or not.  Only good thing is that they refunded my down payment.

Dear Cynthia,

Management@bookvip.com
Pros:
  • Price
Cons:
  • Shady
  • Illegal practices
  • Bait switch pricing
Marriage clause not known

Review in Travel Agencies category from Crosslake, Minnesota

I am very disappointed in bookvip. I booked a vacation to the Wisconsin Dells on June 17, with confirmation number.

I followed instructions, responded to the email and was charged for my vacation. July 3 I received an email telling me to call bookvip. Spent 37 minutes on hold only to be informed they overbooked and my trip was cancelled. Nothing could be done to fix it and nothing could offered commensuarte.

I had to book a shorter stay at three times the price in a different hotel. I would have expected some additional compensation along with my refund.

The phone representative didn't seem to care about how dissatisfied I am. I would NEVER try using this site again and will certainly tell

my friends to avoid it as well.

Dear Andrea,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

First and foremost, please be reminded that you were refunded within 24-hours of the resort notification that they would be unable to honor your travel dates due to the resort’s internal allotment issues.

As you can imagine, these promotions sell like hotcakes and as a result, every once in awhile, the participating resort discovers that the rooms have been over-booked. Therefore, the reservations are honored on a first-come, first-serve basis.

BookVIP, as the booking company, is then put in the uncomfortable position of bearing the bad-news to the guests.

map-marker Frisco, Texas

Bookvip Travel Package In Tulum Review from Frisco, Texas

This online travel agency fails to disclose the requirement to attend a 90 minutes presentation. It also does not disclose upfront the daily resort fee per person.

These bait and switch tactics increase the original quoted rates.

Book your travel elsewhere. Travelocity is a better choice.

Dear Eduardo,

We appreciate all feedback.

Our special promotional packages are sponsored by the participating resort provider who is paying the 77% discount on your behalf in exchange for your time during the resort preview. There are no “bait-and-switch” tactics involved.

The presentation and all qualifications (as well as any additional resort fees, taxes, and/or deposits) are clearly stated on the Terms and Conditions governing each vacation package.

The Terms and Conditions are located on the website at the bottom of each resort offering page and are reviewed with the customer during the sales call.

The customer must agree to the Terms and Conditions via electronic signature before any reservation is final and the travel dates sent to the resort.