Kathy S Wwq

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Glendale, Arizona

Annoyed

I have tried 10 times to reach somebody using your email or calling and I cannot reach anybody and it is freaking *** me off
Kensli Otv

Bookvip - Vacation Package Booking Review

I am in total shock after booking my vacation I ran into a minor issue amd attempted to cancel my reservation due to proof needed to go to my destination. I called amd cancelled with no problem and when the representative contracted me 3 times to confirm there was no issue.

However when the "supervisor" called to confirm she was very rude amd told me not to waste my time for a refund when i was told I could cancel and hung up on me in mid conversation.

I called multiple times to see about other options and still have no refund or solution. This ruined my surprise birthday gift for a very deserving person.

Dear Shanjonae,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Above all else, providing excellent customer service is our main goal and all of our customer service agents are highly-trained and qualified. We apologize for any stress caused by the manner of communication of the supervisor you spoke with.

That being said, please be reminded that all of our special promotional packages are subsidized up to 77% by the participating resorts, and it is the resort (not BookVIP) who sets forth the eligibility requirements for these promotional packages.

The Terms and Conditions are reviewed with the customer during every sales call and the customer must accept and agree on a recorded call and via electronic signature that they are eligible for the promotion.

BookVIP could not have known that (1) your income is below the minimum income accepted under the promotion; (2) you are not married; nor (3) that you do not have the required proof of cohabitation.

As you were advised by the supervisor with whom you spoke, your purchase is final and non-refundable since you declined to purchase Trip Guard (as offered by the sales rep and is clearly stated on the Terms and Conditions). You have 12-months to use your store credit towards any BookVIP.com vacation package for which you are eligible.

We send over 100,000 people on vacation per year and have more customer video reviews than any other travel site: http://bookvip.com/sitereviews.
Kyndell Gzb

Bookvip - Vacation Package Booking Review

Bad experience! Bait and switch.

I booked a trip and paid $718 for 5 nights. I was assured no additional fees and i consented to the 90 minute presentation. Bookvip cancelled the first resort due to unavailability then the second resort for the same reason. The 3rd resort had a resort fee which i was adamant i would not pay so they booked a forth resort and asked me for a $200 upgrade.

Three weeks and 20 calls later i had my flights but no place to stay. I asked for a full refund if they could not provide me with a comparable resort for my original payment of $718. They tried high pressure sales and finally threats if i filed a Bbb suite against them i would not win and they would not give me the vacation i paid for. I booked the original resort they promised me for full price $700 more than bookvip cost but it is worth the extra money.

I have filed a fraud case with my credit card company and with BBB. Waiting for resolution.

Dear Heidi,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate all feedback.

Every once in awhile, the participating resort provider discovers that the rooms have been over-booked and the reservations are honored on a first-come, first-serve basis. Of course, this puts BookVIP, as the booking company, in the uncomfortable position of being the bearer of bad news to our customers.

We apologize for any inconvenience and stress resulting from the manner of communication provided by our Customer Service agents. All of our calls are recorded so I appreciate your comments as we were able use the calls as valuable learning tools. As the fastest growing travel company in the world, we sometimes fall short of our goal, however, we are constantly looking to improve.

We are happy that as a result of your bringing the situation to our attention, you were contacted by a supervisor of BookVIP and the matter was resolved. You received a full refund since your dates could not be honored by either resort. In addition, you will be able to enjoy a free 4-day/5-night vacation in any of our U.S. destinations.

BookVIP has thousands of happy travelers every week, and has more video testimonials from happy customers than any other travel website in the world!

Bookvip - Customer Care Review

The worst experience ever, nothing but a scam. I made two reservations and for some strange reason they can't find my information.

I submitted my confirmation number, phone number and email address. I explained to the agent I have bank statements and email confirmation as proof of purchase.

She asked me to send the email confirmation and she would call me back...well guess what she has not call me back. I will be filing a claim to get my money back.

Hello Angular,

We appreciate the opportunity to address your comments.

All promotional packages are based on availability and we encourage all our customers to call us as soon as they know their book dates especially during peak/holiday season

Because each and every customer is valued here at BookVIP, you were contacted by a supervisor as soon as we received your review in an effort to finalize one of your dream vacations.

As it turns out, both of your open-dated vacation packages were not even charged.

We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, send over 100,000 people on vacation per year and have more customer video reviews than any other travel site: http://bookvip.com/sitereviews.

Cletis Jxw

Bookvip - Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort Аnd Spa Vacation Package Review

What a SCAM! Do NOT book any vacation packages through BookVIP, it's a time share scam.

All they want is your money. Terrible customer service.

After THEY cancel your travel, they inform you they are not able to process a refund. You can kiss your money goodbye.

Dear Jana,

We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to address your concerns.

BookVIP is absolutely not a scam.

The discounted, 1st-time visitor promotional vacation packages offered on our website are sponsored by the participating resort provider. Because the resort partner is paying the 70% discount on for these promotions, they set forth certain eligibility requirements for these vacation packages. The Terms and Conditions governing every promotional package are located at the bottom of each resort offering page on the website.

In addition, the Terms and Conditions (Reservation Details) are reviewed with the customer during every sales call, and must be agreed to in writing by every customer in order to finalize the reservation and have dates sent to the participating resort provider.

Unfortunately, your reservation was in question when your husband’s co-worked booked a vacation at the same resort and on the same travel dates as you. This is a violation of the Group Travel provision of the Terms and Conditions.

We are happy that, in the end, everything worked out for you. Your original reservation is intact and your friend moved his reservation to another resort nearby.

We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and send over 100,000 people on vacation per year and have more customer video reviews than any other travel site.

Bookvip - Vacation Package Review

We LOVED Grand Sirenia all-inclusive resort in Mayan Riviera, Cancun! Book VIP made the process seamlessly easy, and the resort is beautiful, and they treated us like kings!

It was very windy throughout our stay so we didn't spend as much time on the beach as we had wanted, but the pools were so great we didn't really care. Wait staff continually came to take drink orders; food always available, and excellent! Every evening there was a musical show that was surprisingly good, and the new SkyBar had live entertainment and dancing as late as people wanted to stay.

The only negative I can think of is due to the design of the building (which is an award-winning design for eco-friendly and hurricane-safe) when people came back from the SkyBar at 2am the sound echoes through the halls- even though they are open to the air. Otherwise I can't think of anything I didn't like!

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We appreciate hearing from satisfied customers such as yourself and we look forward to helping you plan your next vacation.

BookVIP has thousands of happy travelers every week, and has more video testimonials from happy customers than any other travel website in the world. Please refer to http://bookvipreviews.com/.

Please call 888.845.0602 if you would like to add your own video testimonial to the thousands of other happy travelers we have served.
Good quality

Bookvip - Customer Care Review

I was called by a manager named AJ claiming I would get a free trip to Orlando with Disney tickets included. I have tried calling him last 3 days to book and no return call.

I would not book with this company as they are full of Hot air!

No follow through! Good thing I did not book my airfare!!

Hello Vince,

We appreciate your feedback. We understand that you were frustrated with us seemingly "blowing you off" when you made this post which was never our intention. AJ had given you a Free vacation paid for by BookVIP.com and was waiting for you to finalize the dates you wished to travel. When you called AJ back he had already left the office and was off the next day. I see on the very next day AJ was in the office he reached out to you and completely followed through on everything we promised you; a Free 4-day 3-night stay at a beautiful resort in the heart of Orlando, Florida with 2 Disney tickets included. When AJ was out of the office you chose to post a negative review saying the complete opposite. We really wish you would have given AJ the opportunity to call you back so he could fulfill the promises we made to you. We sincerely hope you have an amazing vacation in Orlando and have a magical time at Disney.
Poor customer service

Bookvip wants to change my hotel after payment.

bookvip.com doesn't tell you when advertising vacation package until after payment that you have to listen to a 3 hr timeshare presentation and if you decline, they will switch hotel on you. i booked a week at san cabo Mexico at the sandos finisterra for july 25th 2017 and they want to now switch hotel because i decline to listen to a 3 hr presentation to buy a time share that I'm not interested in.

also after payment they tell you they will put a $1500 charge hold on your credit card at check in. also they mislead you that you can pay now and you have 12 months to choose your date like its guaranteed, but after you pay, then they tell you if the dates are still available.

Dear Gary,

We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.

Our promotional packages are amazingly affordable because the participating resort provider is paying for the 77% discount, in exchange for your time during a 90-120 minute preview of the resort. The preview is designed to be fun and informative.

To ensure that these rooms are available to the customers for whom they were intended, the participating resort provider – not BookVIP - sets forth certain eligibility requirements.

All requirements can be viewed on our website under the Terms and Conditions tab located on every resort offering page.

The Terms and Conditions are reviewed with the customer during the sales call and the customer must agree to them in writing by electronic signature, before any reservation is final and the travel dates sent to the resort.

The Reservation Details are clear and concise and include any additional taxes and/or resort fees which may be asked by a particular resort – including the deposit you reference.

Unfortunately, you refused to cooperate with the resort during the VIP Welcome Call and the resort is unable to honor your discounted promotion package.

Because you have not responded to our many attempts to reach you to offer alternative resort options, your reservation has been cancelled and refunded.

Bookvip - Review in Travel Agencies category

Went to sign up this morning and found this out, they don't take groups if you want to go with other couples you will pay a $1000 fine when you get there. After you have paid your $99 reservation fee they will be asking for a financial statement to determine if you can join there club and you have to attend a 90 minute seminar.

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. Mike

Hello Mike

Thank you for your email and understand your concern. As of the owner of the company, I am proud in the fact BookVIP is the largest provider of promotional packages in the world. You can save up to save 70% of the retail rate on the promotional packages because the resort's are subsidizing the cost of the vacation in exchange for meeting their eligibility requirements and attending the resort preview. All of the resort's requirements are listed at the bottom of each special hotel offer with the "Terms & Conditions" link which we go with every customer. Unfortunately with the special promotional packages they do not allow for group travel, however, some resorts do allow for up to 2 promotional packages

We have over 2000+ verified customer reviews on Shopper Approved http://reviews.shopperapproved.com/bookvip.com/ and more actual customer video reviews than any other travel web site http://bookvip.com/sitereviews

Please dont hesitate to contact me with any other questions or concerns.

Bookvip - Vacation Package Review

I went through book vip and they booked me with westgate lake resort abd spa and it was great I have no complaints

BookVIP Reply:
Thank you for your review and feedback. As of the owner of the company, I am proud in the fact BookVIP is the largest provider of promotional packages in the world. You can save up to save 70% of the retail rate on the promotional packages because the resort's are subsidizing the cost of the vacation in exchange for meeting the eligibility requirements and attending the resort preview. All of the resort's requirements are listed at the bottom of each special hotel offer with the "Terms & Conditions" link.

BookVIP.com has more video reviews than any other travel web site http://bookvip.com/sitereviews
Good quality
Jaiya Nls

Bookvip - Vacation Package Booking Review

I booked using this site for a weekend trip and they told me I was good to go. Then a day later I got an email saying that I needed to call because it was urgent so I called.

The guy then told me I didn't qualify because I could not have toured the hotel site twice in the last 12 month. I told him I didn't tour in the last 12 months then I said fine just give my money back . He then said I will refund your money but the manager in the cancellation dept would have to. They promised a manager would call me for days and they never did .

I had to keep calling and going back and forth over a refund. Then I got into a hollering match with one of the managers and she told me I should've read the fine print that said I could not tour twice in the 12 months. She said because I toured I couldn't get a refund . She said I needed to call WestGate myself.

So I called and WestGate said I toured in 2008 and bought a package for 2009 so that counted as a tour. They said you can't tour twice in a lifetime . Booking VIP said 12 months so I called back and told them this and they still said I couldn't get my money back. They then tried to offer me to stay in two dumps that were 80.00 for 3 days meanwhile I paid 225.00 for my package.

The company is a rip off and canceled my reservations and then made me pay for it. A refund would be the right bing to do being that this was not my fault and per their site you can't tour twice in a year . So I did not violate any agreement.

Way to go stealing my money BookVip just in time for the holidays!!!!! DO NOT BOOKUSING THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Hello Brandy,

We appreciate all feedback and thank you for the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

All qualifications and restrictions, as well as any additional resort fees, taxes, and/or deposits which may be required by any particular resort are contained in the Terms and Conditions for each package. The Terms and Conditions are located at the bottom of every hotel/resort offering page on our website and must be agreed to and accepted via electronic signature by all guests before the reservation can be finalized and forwarded to the resort.

The day after you booked, you were notified that the resort advised BookVIP that you were ineligible for the promotion since you had previously toured. At first, you declined that you ever attended a presentation at any of the resort group’s properties. (It later turned out, however, that you indeed had previously attended 2 presentations, and even bought a VOA package)

This is a clear violation of the Reservation Details (Terms and Conditions) that you agreed to via electronic signature in order to finalize the reservation. It is clearly stated:

Additional Terms
For this first-time visitor promotion customer cannot be a travel agent, Westgate owner, employee or relative of an employee.
Participants that have attended any other resort preview in the past 12 months are not eligible for this promotion.
Cannot have toured a Westgate property more than twice.
A supervisor contacted you within 24-hours of your request to cancel your package and explained the issue as per the eligibility requirements set forth by the participating resort provider. After reviewing the two resorts with availability on your travel dates, you agreed to “open-date” your vacation package and use your store credit towards any BookVIP vacation package for which you are eligible over the next 12-months. In an attempt to appease you, BookVIP even gave you a $51 refund.

We will send over 300,000 families on dream vacations alone this year and have more actual customer video reviews than any other travel site: http://bookvip.com/sitereviews

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Vague Fine Print

Not booking with friends, family, acquaintances. Which I did not.

I booked with my significant other. However, since another couple (who booked separate, with different flights, etc.) booked at the same time (who I am friends with), Book VIP called and said it would cost an additional $1200. I said, no thanks. So now I have a "credit" to use for the same resort.

Fuming. I do not recommend them. When I called back, after calming down, I asked if I could still book, and what would it cost. The answer was $1800 - $1900.

She couldn't give me an exact number. Unreal.

Dear Krista,

We appreciate your feedback.

Unfortunately, your reservation cannot be honored by the resort as a result of a Group Travel issue, which is a clear violation of the Terms and Conditions governing the vacation package set forth by the resort.

In an effort to ensure you and your friends still get to enjoy that much-deserved vacation, you were offered a number of remedies to the situation, including but not limited to, paying a special rate offered by the resort in situations like this, or you could add an extra room to your package for an additional per night rate.

You chose to cancel your travel dates and retain a store credit which can be used towards any BookVIP vacation package for which you are qualified.

We have an A rating with the Better Business Bureau and send over 100,000 people on vacation per year and have more customer video reviews than any other travel site.

Loss:
Preferred solution:

Full refund

map-marker Richardson, Texas

Is this a SCAM

I booked a hotel package in San Antonio. I paid for the whole package up front.

I called to confirm dates of travel. After the 3 mention of a date I had available the lady on the phone finally told me that those dates were available. I asked about the 3 bonuses that it said I would get for paying in full. The lady agreed to give me the 3rd night at the hotel, but said that I would receive the other 2 bonuses after I attended a 120 minute timeshare event.

I was still okay with all of this until I found out through an email that they had my IP address for my work computer.

All I did was ask why do you need that and then after several attempts with no valid answer I asked to cancel and refund my credit card account immediately. This may not be a "Shady" operation, but why did I feel that way?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Our special promotional packages are sponsored by the resorts and the rooms are discounted up to 77% from the retail rate because the resort is subsidizing the room in exchange for your time during the resort preview. The extra bonus gifts are provided by the resort and our given at the end of your resort preview.

The IP address is part of your digital signature acknowledging the Terms and Condition/Reservation Details and accepting the eligibility requirements set forth by the resort. This also protects you from credit card fraud as BookVIP has the latest encryption technology.

Loss:
Preferred solution:

Let the company propose a solution

Travel Agencies Expert Talks

Vacation Rentals: Refund, Cancellation and Safety Tips

Nov 6, 2020

How to refund or cancel a vacation rental? How to avoid a scam? We’ve asked Mary Branum, a vacation rental expert, and experienced homeowner, to answer top consumers questions about vacation rentals.

Read full article
Mary Branum
Mary Branum

Mary Branum is a vacation rental expert, owner of Galveston Island and President of STROAG.

map-marker Miami, Florida

All Good

Thanks for resolving the issue with the dates. Happy Customer and cant wait to spend New Years in the smokey mountains. Im making plans for all the activities. thanks again

map-marker Lafayette, Louisiana

SCAM

This company sells you a trip and does not disclose additional fees that they tack on--one being taxes which are 50%!!! In addition, you think you are picking a specific resort and paying more for it but once you pay they send you confirmation saying they have the right to send you to any resort and dont disclose what they even are.

They say if you pay in full you will get additional stuff but they do not give it to you!!! After threatening to cancel then they want to remove taxes. One person gives one amount for taxes, then another gives you another amount. One person tells you resort fee is per person, then another says per room.

None of this is disclosed on the site where you book the actual trip. I went back to the site to check and see if I missed it.

Then fraudulent charges started appearing on my credit card!! I paid $200 more to get the resort I wanted, only to find out, they can change me to any resort, which they don't even list for you.

BookVIP Reply:
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I apologize if the taxes and resort fees were not covered properly. As of the owner of the company, I am proud in the fact BookVIP is the largest provider of promotional packages in the world. You can save up to save 70% of the retail rate on the promotional packages because the resort's are subsidizing the cost of the vacation in exchange for meeting the eligibility requirements and attending the resort preview. All of the resort's requirements are listed at the bottom of each special hotel offer with the "Terms & Conditions" link. Furthermore, we use the latest encryption technology to make sure all transactions are secure. Lastly, once you are booked and confirmed for your resort, you are guaranteed 100% for your dates at the resort.

BookVIP has thousands of happy travelers every week, an A Rating with the Better Business Bureau, and has more video testimonials from happy customers than any other travel website in the world. Please refer to http://bookvipreviews.com/.

Management@bookvip.com
Cons:
  • I do not like book vip and will never use it g
  • Conflicting cancellation policy
  • Discriminationsexage
Pricing issue
map-marker Woodburn, Oregon

(((( BAIT AND SWITCH COMPANY )))

We booked a trip to Cabo through Bookvip in August 2016, and paid for it.

Ten days later we get a email from them saying we needed to contact them. I called them and they told us that the place we booked our stay at was full and they could not honor the reservation.

This was ten days later and we already booked our flights and transportation. And of course they try to up sale use the next day, so I told the lady on the phone that we were not interested in booking anything with them even with the extra three day US trip they wanted to give us. I flat told her no thank you (I DON'T TRUST YOUR COMPANY).

This sounds like a bait and switch to me. I WOULD NEVER TRUST THIS COMPANY ESPECIALLY IF YOUR TRAVELING OUT OF THE USA.((((BEWARE))))

Dear Darrin,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate all feedback.

Unfortunately, this was a highly unlikely event out of our control in which we were notified the resort had overbooked for those specific dates due to the overwhelming response of the promotional offer. We attempted to upgrade you at no additional cost as well add a bonus 3 nights to make amends for any inconvenience, however you declined the offer.

Order processing issue

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article